Fun Hosiery Facts
Expand your hosiery knowledge with five fun facts you probably didn’t know about tights.
1. During 1940s stage productions, before the days of widely available hosiery, dancers and actresses had their stockings sewn to their underwear.
2. Mother Earth isn’t a fan of hosiery as they’re not biodegradable or recyclable and can release toxic chemicals if burned. Check out our hosiery recycling ideas:
3. Since 1995 women’s hosiery sales have dipped 70 percent, but men’s hosiery sales have increased.
4. Some fisherman sport tights to help protect against jelly fish stings.
5. Two billion pairs of tights are produced each year.